Jun 21, 2011

Summer Quilt

One of the biggest challenges of adjusting to unemployment (at least for me) has been the need to scale back on all the "projects" I like to do. 

But the lack of things I want to do (possibly an excuse to keep from doing the things I have to do) has frankly been a little depressing. 

So after having one too many pity parties for myself, I decided to dig into my pile of scrap fabric and come up with enough to make a quilt.  I found a bunch of cute (and mostly matching) pieces-- and after one trip to the store (and $10 later), I had enough to round it out.

Here is the result:

This is the first "real" quilt I've done (a pieced once, I mean).  So far it is just the quilt top.  After we start rolling in the dough I'm going to buy the fabric for the back and take it to a long arm for the quilting.

Ahhhh, I love being totally engrossed in a project!  Letting the world go by like I have no other responsibilities is heavenly...

Now I think I've got the quilting bug.  I want to do another one! 

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing! It is beautiful! I can't wait to see it in real life!!!

    ReplyDelete